International Student Application Process
All non-US Citizens requiring an I-20/F-1 Student Visa are required to complete an International Student Application.
To be considered for admission, you are required to complete all pieces of the application process.
- APPLICATION. Please complete the Student Online Application, which includes a $100 application fee. Both a parent statement and student statement are required pieces of the online application.
- RECOMMENDATION FORMS. Once you have completed an online application, you will request teacher recommendations electronically. Please follow the online application instructions for the submission of three teacher recommendations (Math, English, Head of School/Counselor).
- TRANSCRIPT. In addition to the submission of an official transcript, please also complete a Transcript Release Form. An official transcript should be sent directly from the applicant’s school to McLean. Please ensure the transcript includes at least two academic years of study. The Transcript Release Form authorizes the release of all pertinent school and health records.
- STANDARDIZED TESTING. We require both the TOEFL and SSSAT. McLean School of Maryland must be listed as a score recipient, and we encourage you to view the below links for more information on testing registration, dates, locations, and scoring.
- INTERVIEW. If possible, we encourage you to visit our campus for a tour and student interview. Please contact our office if your travel plans will allow an on-campus interview. If you are unable to visit, our Admission office will contact you to schedule a Skype interview. The Skype interview will be conducted by the Director of Admission and Head of Upper School with the applicant.
- HOMESTAY PROGRAM. Please contact the Admission Office for information regarding housing.
Tuition and fees include the cost of all textbooks, lab fees, art materials, and field trips.
International applications are accepted on a rolling admission basis.
To secure enrollment once accepted, and for McLean School to process an I-20, the following documents are required:
- a signed enrollment contract
-deposit of $1,200
-proof of funds needed to fulfill the contractual fee obligations. A signed letter from the parents indicating the source of funds will suffice.
-signed authorization to release information to the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service
REQUIRED START DATES
All international students are required to attend:
Friday, August 31 Orientation for All Students New to Grades 9-12 at 10:00 am to 2:30 pm
Tuesday, September 4 Opening Day of School at 8:15 am